Golden Harvest Organic Chia Seeds-250g
- PREMIUM QUALITY
Ingredients: Organic raw Chia seeds
Golden Harvest Organic Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids,rich in antioxidants,provide fibre,iron and calcium.Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol,the “good” cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
Country of Origin: Bolivia
The chia plant originates from South and Central America, where it was first cultivated for human use over 4,000 years ago by the Aztecs, the Mayans and other native American tribes who relied on the seed as a staple food crop. In the 21st century, chia is grown and consumed commercially in its native south and central America. Despite their small size, chia seeds are full of important nutrients.
They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fibre, iron, and calcium. Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol, the “good” cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke.
- Source of protein which contributes to a growth in and maintenance of muscle mass
- High in Omega 3 fatty acids which helps maintain normal blood cholesterol concentrations
- High in calcium contributing to normal muscle function, transmission of information via the nervous system and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth
- High in magnesium which contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- High in iron which contributes to normal transport of oxygen around the body
Chia seeds are a powerhouse of nutrients and packed full of protein and fibre, may be sprinkled or ground up on top of other foods. Chia seeds can also be mixed into smoothies, breakfast cereals, energy bars, granola bars, yogurt, tortillas, and bread. They can also be soaked in water and consumed directly or mixed with any kind of juice or milk. Mixed with water, they can replace egg in vegan cooking